Arkansas Truck Driving Jobs
Arkansas is a state known for both its mountainous regions and the beautiful lowlands in the east. The state is bordered by the Mississippi river on its eastern side as well as six other surrounding states, making it a highly trafficked territory for truck drivers traveling to destinations within or bordering the state.
There are also urban areas, such as Little Rock, that require the services of Arkansas trucking companies to provide them the with materials for industry and other purposes. Click on any of the companies below to learn more about Arkansas Trucking Companies.
If you want to further your truck driving career, you can do it in Arkansas. The demand for truck drivers is so high in this state that northwest Arkansas schools have expanded their commercial driving training options and collaborated with more employers (5 News Online, 2016).
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Arkansas
• Must get commercial learner’s permit and then take skills test to get permanent CDL (Arkansas Office of Driver Services)
• Endorsements: passenger, school bus, tank
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $33,300 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $24,400 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 10% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 4% (O*Net, 2016)
Start learning about local opportunities now and check out Arkansas trucking companies on our list below.