California Truck Driving Companies
The state of California is a great place to raise a family and start your trucking career. The Coastal Highway can take you from San Diego all the way up past San Francisco. The state is so large and the terrain goes from valleys to mountains to beaches. You can experience snow, wind, rain, and sun - all in one day.
California has a multitude of openings for truck drivers. You will find a list below of all available truck driving jobs in California. Simply click on a link to find out more information or you can "Apply Now" if you are ready to take the next step. Do not hesitate - today may be the day to find the trucking job you've been looking for!
Truck driving is one of the most important and established industries in California. Not only do 78% of California communities rely completely on trucking shipments, 1 out of 15 California jobs come from this industry (Fast Freight Facts—California Department of Transportation, 2016).
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in California
• Get commercial permit and pass written test; get CDL after passing skills test (California Department of Motor Vehicles, 2016)
• Endorsements: hazardous materials, school bus, double trailer, tank vehicle, passenger, triple trailer
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $41,400 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $30,700 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 16% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 10% (O*Net, 2016)
Find the right truck driving job for you now by applying for California trucking jobs below.