Truck Driving Jobs in Connecticut
Every day in the lovely New England state of Connecticut, trucks zip along the highways and surface streets bringing all of the products and goods needed by the people who call the state home. Nearly everything you see on a store shelf is delivered by a truck.
Connecticut trucking companies can take advantage of the excellent highways as they navigate through this small, but upscale state. Whether goods need to be delivered in the big city of Hartford or out to the wealthy suburbs like Greenwich or Westport, Connecticut trucking companies are equipped to handle the challenge.
The truck driving industry in Connecticut has been strong for many years, but a recent development has improved the industry even more. Connecticut truck drivers recently enjoyed a diesel tax break of 4.2 cents (The CT Mirror, 2016).
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Connecticut
• Pass written and skills exam after getting Commercial Learner Permit; must get testing appointment, no walk-in testing available (Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Doubles/triples, passenger, liquid bulk/tank cargo, hazardous materials
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $45,300 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $32,600 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 10% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 2% (O*Net, 2016)
Find out what local employers are looking for and what benefits they’re offering by contacting the trucking companies below our list of Connecticut trucking jobs.