Truck Driving Jobs in Washington D.C.
Though Washington DC is one of the smallest regions in the United States, it has a solid trucking industry. Each year, 68,000 tons of shipments terminate in Washington DC (Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 2016).
The busy industries in surrounding states demand a high need for truck drivers both in and around the Washington D.C. Metro areas. Browse the companies that are hiring in this area below to apply for open truck driving positions.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Washington DC
• Get learner’s permit and pass skills test to get full license (District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Hazardous materials, double/triple trailers, tank, passenger, combination
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $48,300 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $32,600 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 10% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 4% (O*Net, 2016)
Find a trucking job in D.C. that fits your schedule, license class, and endorsements. Get started by contacting the companies with openings on our list of Washington DC truck driving jobs.