Truck Driving Jobs in Idaho
Truck drivers in Idaho enjoy many freedoms on the road. In 2016, Idaho truck drivers were approved to move loads of up to 129,000 pounds, a limit that had remained at 105,500 pounds since 1991 (Transport Topics News, 2016).
Listed below are the trucking companies looking to hire drivers right now. These truck driving jobs usually require a Class A CDL License.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Idaho
• Receive instruction permit and then take skills test to get four-year license (Idaho Transportation Department)
• Endorsements: Double/triple, hazardous materials, passenger, tank vehicles, and tank vehicle/hazardous materials
• Restrictions: Intrastate only, air brakes, Class A and B passenger vehicles, combination trailer
• Average Idaho heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $35,900 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary in ID: $27,500 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 14% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 11% (O*Net, 2016)
Take the next step in your trucking career today and contact the Idaho companies with current truck driving jobs listed below.