Truck Driving Jobs in Illinois
Thanks to its prominent location in the Midwest, Illinois has a large trucking industry. In Illinois, 70% of communities rely exclusively on truck drivers for their shipments and trucking is responsible for 1 out of 18 jobs (Illinois Times, 2016).
Illinois is a leader in the transport business. There are many reputable companies with open trucking jobs throughout Illinois who are eager to find experienced and dedicated truck drivers to work for them. Most of these trucking companies have competitive wages that are available to their drivers, as well as benefit packages.
Get involved in the trucking community of Illinois and start applying for Illinois trucking jobs below.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Illinois
• Get Commercial Learner’s Permit and pass skills test after practicing your driving skills (CyberDrive Illinois)
• Endorsements: Combination vehicle, passenger, double/triple trailer, hazardous materials, tank, and combined tank/hazardous materials
• Average IL heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $42,400 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary in IL: $32,100 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 13% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 8% (O*Net, 2016)
To learn more about these Illinois trucking companies simply click on the company profile from the links below. Of course, most truck driving jobs require a Class A CDL License, so keep that in mind as you search.