Maryland Truck Driving Jobs
As a truck driver, you know that the work you do strengthens Maryland's economy. Despite Maryland's small size, its trucking industry transports over 38 million tons per year (Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 2016).
Maryland trucking companies are hiring reliable drivers like you right now. Contact the trucking companies with openings in Maryland to learn more.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Maryland
• Must get learner’s permit and provide medical certificate; may then schedule knowledge test and skills test (Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration)
• Endorsements: Passenger, hazardous materials, hazardous materials/tank, tank, and doubles/triples
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $41,400 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $34,300 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 2% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 5% (O*Net, 2016)
If you are ready to explore new opportunities in this industry, compare Maryland employers and use our list of Maryland truck driving jobs to find positions near you.