Massachusetts Truck Driving Jobs
Although it is one of the smallest states in the country, Massachusetts has an extremely active trucking industry. It is rated 20th in the country for freight shipment value, transporting over $212 million of goods per year (Bureau of Transportation Statistics, 2016).
The roads in Massachusetts also happen to be extremely well-groomed, which makes driving throughout the state a pleasure. Massachusetts trucking companies are looking to hire responsible company truck drivers and owner operators right now. Simply select the name of a Massachusetts trucking company below to get started.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Massachusetts
• Pass written test to get CDL permit and pass skills test after getting on-the-road practice (Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Hazardous materials, tank vehicles, passenger, doubles/triples, hazardous materials/tank, and air brakes
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $45,500 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $33,800 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 11% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 7% (O*Net, 2016)
Advance your career now and start applying for Massachusetts trucking jobs.