Mississippi Truck Driving Jobs
The state of Mississippi, an important part of the Southern trucking industry, has a strong focus on highway safety and good work conditions for truck drivers (Insurance Journal, 2016).
Great Mississippi trucking companies are now hiring reliable drivers like you. Click on the name of a carrier to learn more about truck driving jobs in Mississippi.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Mississippi
• May apply for Class A, B, or C commercial operator license (Mississippi Department of Public Safety)
• Endorsements: Hazardous materials, air brakes, doubles/triples, passengers, tank vehicles, and hazardous materials/tank
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $36,800 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $24,800 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 8% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 1% (O*Net, 2016)
In this state, you may apply for local, over-the-road, dedicated, or regional jobs. Check out your options and start applying by using our list of Mississippi trucking jobs below.