Leadership. Strength. Performance. Innovation.
Russell A. Gerdin founded Heartland in 1978 with four people in the office and 16 trucks. It became a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Market in November of 1986, and ended that year posting gross revenues of $21.6 million.
Today, through hard work and dedication, Heartland Express celebrates continued success over the last 30+ years with approximately 3,000 persons employed or contracted by Heartland nationwide and has grown to over $600 million in gross revenues, all the while, maintaining a debt-free status.
In addition to the long-haul freight services that Heartland provides to its customers from the corporate offices in North Liberty, IA, also operates 11 Regional Operation Centers for customers in and around Atlanta, GA; Carlisle, PA; Columbus, OH; Kingsport, TN; Olive Branch, MS; Phoenix, AZ; Jacksonville, FL; Chester, VA; O’fallon, MO; Denver, CO, and Dallas, TX. These short-haul operations concentrate on freight movements generally within a 500-mile radius of the regional terminal, and are designed to meet the standards of both the customer and Heartland Express drivers.
901 N. Kansas Ave.
North Liberty, IA 52317
Why Choose to Drive for Heartland Express?
At Heartland the belief is, Customer is King and the Driver is Key. This mentality is instilled into every individual in the company. We realize that our future depends on the hard work and dedication of not only today's people, but also tomorrow's.
Continuous training is utilized as a tool to ensure that Heartland Express remains ahead of the competition in every facet of the industry, as well as recognizing the leaders of tomorrow - today.
- FedEx Express 2014 Gold Award for Service Level of 99.82%
- University of Iowa Business Leadership Award for 2014
- SmartWay Excellence Award for 2014
- FedEx Express 2014 Carrier of the Year
- Wal-Mart 2013 Diamond Carrier of the Year
- Nestle Waters 2013 Southeast Region Carrier of the Year
- FedEx SmartPost 100% On-Time Service for 2013
- Armada 2013 Elite Carrier
- Winegard 2013 Truckload Carrier of the Year
- Best Performance Wal-Mart Carrier for Unilever in 2014
- Meeting BP's Driving Safety Standards for 2014
- United Sugard National Carrier of the Year 2013-2014
|Types of Routes:||
Types of Freight:
Average Days of Home Time Per Month: On average, our drivers get home every week or every other weekend, depending on their route.
Number of U.S. Terminals: 12
Additional Company Details:
- 2013-2015 International Prostar and Frieghtliner Cascadia
- Top mileage pay packages in the industry
- Green Zone pay of .04 for NE area
- Rider Policy
- PeopleNet communication systems
- Preventative maintenance every 7,000 miles
- Electronically controlled engines
- EZ Pass
Bonuses (Subject to change):
- Safety (up to $0.03)
- Annual pay increase for the next 10 years
- Increased Orientaion Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Doubling pay for refresher training
- Detention pay after 1 hr
- Short haul pay
- 401K with 50% match
- Weekly pay with Direct Deposit
- Paid Vacation