CSXI offers the most comprehensive intermodal service network in the nation directly serving more major markets than any other carrier. Along with the acquisition of Conrail, our company has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in new terminals, improved signaling and track upgrades to provide you with efficient and reliable intermodal products.
A unique aspect of CSXI is our ability to provide drayage services as an integrated part of a rail move. This allows you to make fewer calls to manage moves and to receive one bill when you make a door-to-door move.
The new CSXI provides access to most major U.S. ports as well as expanded routing to and from the Northeast, the largest manufacturing and consumer base in the nation. Our nationwide network of 48 terminals assures superior reach in the United States, in Canada and in Mexico. With more than 300 dedicated intermodal trains per week, CSXI annual volume exceeds two million shipments. Our services include:
* Transcontinental double-stack domestic container service between key markets in the West and throughout the East
* Door-to-door services between major markets
* Comprehensive international services
* Extensive fleet of equipment, including 48-ft. containers, trailers, insulated equipment, chassis and 45-ft. trailers
* Equipment maintenance and repair
* Container yards at selected rail-served locations
* Neutral chassis pools at selected locations
* 24-hour tracking and tracing capabilities
* Extensive suite of e-commerce tools
With CSXI, customers receive customized attention and a wide range of value-added services. Thanks to the largest trucking operation in the intermodal industry, customers are able to have easy pickup and delivery, with a single bill. We provide you with access to a large fleet of trailers and domestic containers (48-foot standard and insulated), and we're constantly adding more.
At CSXI, we're proud to be taking intermodal where it's never been before!