TransAm Trucking Inc.
Want to know one of the top reasons drivers join our team? Because they are referred by current TransAm drivers who know that we treat our drivers with respect -- like family! We also have great relationships with many great trucking schools that refer their students to us because of our stellar reputation. If you are looking to drive for a respected leader in the industry, contact us today to learn more about our current driver openings!
Our company places an emphasis on steady, controlled growth, which has helped us become one of the top carriers in the United States. We have more than 1,000 tractors and over 1,900 refrigerated trailers on the road today. Our philosophy is simple: dedicate all the necessary resources to our company, people, equipment and technology to offer the best services our customers. And hiring the top drivers in the industry has been the foundation of our success!
Here's Why You Should Choose to Drive for TransAm
We are proud of our reputation for offering our drivers top-notch benefit and compensation packages. We offer drivers the opportunity to become independent business owners and acceptance into the driver coaching program. Plus, all drivers are eligible to receive quarterly bonuses and regular pay or rate increases. And you can review our benefits that are listed below, including paid vacations and a 401k retirement option that can help you prepare for the future.
PAID, 2-DAY ORIENTATION!
If you want to be an independent contractor of TransAm, you're in luck. We provide our independent drivers with free base plates and permits, free TripPak service, access to our fuel discount network, paid reefer fuel and free tolls, and fuel surcharge program. Plus, you can have the freedom of running your own business while enjoying the stability that you need to keep your career moving forward.
TransAm Trucking is the proud recipient of the US EPA SmartWay Environmental Excellence Award. This award is given to high-performing companies that are recognized as leaders in the business community who promote a more sustainable future for product and supply movement.
Bonuses (Subject to change):
Types of Routes: OTR
Types of Freight: Refrigerated
Number of Trucks in Fleet: 1000
Number of U.S. Terminals: 2
Additional Company Details:
- Rider Policy
- Assigned Trucks
- TransAm's independent contractors have a starting pay rate of 84 cents per mile and are eligible for a 1 cent per mile rate increase every year! (up to a maximum)
- Student drivers start at 30 cents per mile (total compensation includes per diem) and are eligible for a 1/2 cent per mile rate increase every 6 months! (up to a maximum)
- Experienced company drivers start at 32 cents per mile (total compensation includes per diem) and are eligible for a 1/2 cent per mile rate increase every 6 months! (up to a maximum)
Whether you are a company driver or an independent contractor, you will have access to great equipment including the Kenworth T680 equipped with the PACCAR MX engine which is fuel efficient, environmentally friendly and very quiet. All trucks have automatic transmissions which mean less fatigue in traffic, a safer, smoother ride and great fuel mileage. All trucks have condo cabs, dual bunks, refrigerators, CD players, auxiliary power units, inverters and are satellite radio-equipped.
TransAM provides DIRECTV in each truck at no cost to our drivers. Enjoy the comforts of home while over the road:
- 24" Flat Screen TV
- 100+ Channels including NFL Sunday Ticket and HBO!
Company Drivers and Owner Operators Wanted!
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have 3 months solo OTR experience or recent graduate
- No more than 2 accidents in the past 3 years
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No DUI or DWI in the past 5 years