Trucking Job for Seward Motor Freight Inc
Our drivers have a REPUTATION for being courteous, competent, and willing to give excellent customer service.
- All drivers must be at least 23 years old
- Have two years verifiable experience and a clear Motor Vehicle Record
- Must meet the Department of Transportation requirements and be screened for both alcohol and drugs
FORMAL DRIVER EDUCATION/TRAINING PROGRAM:
Our driver education and training program includes a three-day orientation and weekly driver safety/information meetings at both terminals that cover such topics as maintenance, cargo handling, defensive driving, and accident prevention.
STUDENT DRIVER TRAINING PROGRAM:
Seward Motor Freight, Inc. will pay the tuition and books for any qualified student to attend an accepted truck driving school, providing that the student makes a commitment to work for the company following graduation. An additional minimum six weeks over-the-road training with a certified trainer will then be required before becoming eligible to be a driver for Seward Motor Freight.
- 2 Cent per mile quarterly safety/performance bonus
- 2 Cent per mile bonus for those who run 12,000+ miles a month, for all the miles driven that month
- 1 cent raise to qualified drivers after 90 days
- Dry van, 90% no-touch
- Your own dispatcher
- Assigned trucks
- No NYC
- Average 40% or less idle are eligible for $100 drawing
- Driver with the lowest idle time each month receives $150