Colorado Truck Driving Jobs
Whether you’re a new or experienced truck driver, you may benefit from the recent growth in Colorado’s trucking industry. The current driving shortage is impacted by an improving economy and an aging truck driving workforce (KOAA, 2016).
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Colorado
• Pass basic CDL written test and take skills test after getting permit (Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Double and triple trailers, tanker vehicles, passenger, hazardous materials
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $43,100 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $30,800 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 25% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 16% (O*Net, 2016)
You can find your next truck driving job in Colorado with our list of employers below—apply for trucking jobs and find the right position for you by clincking the links below.