Truck Driving Jobs in Delaware
Delaware is in such severe need of truck drivers that the truck driver shortage has actually weakened the state’s economy (Delaware Online, 2016). As companies turn away shipments, they continue to recruit new drivers. Browse the list of Delaware trucking companies that are hiring great drivers like you right now!
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Delaware
• Choose Class A, Class B, or Class C license and take written and skills tests (Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Hazardous materials, tank vehicles, passenger, doubles/triples, tank and hazardous materials combination
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $41,100 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $26,600 per year (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 12% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 6% (O*Net, 2016)
With the right truck driving job, you can take your career further. Check out Delaware truck driving jobs by contacting the trucking companies listed below.