Indiana Truck Driving Jobs
Indiana’s state capital, Indianapolis, is famous for the “Indianapolis 500” NASCAR race held each year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but that's not the only driving going on in the state.
Indiana, like many other states, has been affected by the national truck driver shortage. This is a great time to get into the industry, with new trucking schools opening in Indiana to meet demand (Inside Indiana Business, 2016).
As truck drivers are in demand, Indiana trucking companies are looking for truckers regularly. Click below to view Indiana truck driving jobs, along with each company's profile and oepn trucking jobs.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Indiana
• Required to pass written test and skills test using the type of vehicle that fits your license class (Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles)
• Endorsements: Hazardous materials, tank vehicle, passenger, doubles or triples, and combination tank/hazardous materials
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $39,400 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $29,300 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 10% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 11% (O*Net, 2016)
Take a look at our list of Indiana trucking jobs below to find openings that are right for you.