Iowa Truck Driving Jobs
As an Iowa truck driver, you’re in a good position to benefit from industry-wide growth nationwide. Fuel costs have dropped all over Iowa, leading to a surge in business for trucking companies (SFGate, 2016).
Select one of the Iowa trucking companies below to learn more. These truck driving jobs require a Class A CDL License in most cases.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Iowa
• Must have commercial learner’s permit for 14 days before taking skills test and getting standard license (Iowa Department of Transportation)
• Endorsements: Combination vehicle, air brakes, passenger, doubles/triples, hazardous materials, and tank
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $40,800 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $28,000 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 19% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 13% (O*Net, 2016)
Take the next step in your career with a great trucking job. Apply for Iowa truck driving jobs below.