Louisiana Truck Driving Jobs
As the trucking industry has grown in Louisiana, the state has increased transportation funding. Louisiana has allocated $36 million to a new Baton Rouge interchange that should make driving safer for truckers (The Trucker, 2016).
Louisiana trucking companies are now hiring reliable drivers. Click on the companies below to view their profile and apply for Lousiana truck driving jobs.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in Louisiana
• After passing written test, may take skills test through approved third-party examiner (Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections)
• Endorsements: Double/triple trailers, combination vehicles, tank, hazardous materials, and combination tank/hazardous materials
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary in Louisiana: $36,800 (O*Net, 2016)
• Average Louisiana light/delivery driving salary: $27,600 (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 14% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 12% (O*Net, 2016)
Find out what the next step in your career is. Use our list of Louisiana trucking jobs below to apply for a new position.