South Dakota Truck Driving Companies
South Dakota has a major influence on the trucking industry. In 2016, the South Dakota Trucking Association created the South Dakota Road Team to be state ambassadors of the industry PR Release, 2016).
Famous for the Mount Rushmore National Memorial, the Black Hills and black hills gold, the Corn Palace, and the Crazy Horse Memorial, not to mention the famous “Wall Drug store” you’ll see bumper stickers for, South Dakota has a unique beauty that will surprise you.
The state capital is Pierre, but Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Aderdeen are the largest cities. South Dakota is 77,047 square miles of pristine nature. South Dakota trucking companies are currently hiring. Click on the links below to view more information about each company and send in your application. These trucking jobs require a Class A CDL License.
Common Requirements and Career Outlook for Truckers in South Dakota
• Must take driving test at third-party licensing station; no tests administered by state South Dakota Department of Public Safety
• Endorsements: Tank vehicles, double/triple trailers, passenger, hazardous materials, and combination hazardous materials/tanker vehicles
• Average heavy/tractor-trailer driving salary: $36,600 O*Net, 2016)
• Average light/delivery driving salary: $28,200 O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for heavy truck drivers through 2022: 6% (O*Net, 2016)
• Anticipated job growth for light truck drivers through 2022: 2% (O*Net, 2016)