These criteria are current as of Jan. 1, 2000, but may be amended or changed at any time in the future as deemed necessary by the company, our Safety Director or any regulatory agency such as the Department of Transportation. For the most current qualifications criteria, to see if you qualify to drive for Priority as either a company driver or an owner-operator, please contact our driver recruiting department at 1-800-388-2479, and ask for ext. 124 or 128. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
In addition to meeting the following criteria for approval by our safety department to drive for Priority. Every driver is subject to a thorough background check of all previous jobs for a 10 year period, and will be subject to a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen as well as a road test prior to being approved for hire by Priority.
Owner-Operators, Company Drivers and Drivers for leased tractors by independent contractors must all meet the following criteria:
* Minimum age 23
* At least 1 year of verifiable solo, over-the-road tractor-trailor experience. Dry Vans, preferred
* Clean MVR, preferred, but in no cases should a driver have more than 4 chargeable moving violations on their current MVR or past MVR's within a 3 year period
* No major preventable accidents in the past year, and no more than 2 accidents on the MVR in the past 3 years
* No DUI or DWI convictions
* Possession of one valid CDL with a Haz-Mat endorsement
* Driver's CDL must be issued by the state in which the driver resides. Driver must have a working phone number at that residence
* Driver must reside along Priority major freight lanes
* Drivers must provide work history, including periods of self-employment or unemployment for the past 10 years
* Drivers must present and maintain a clean, neat professional appearance
Owner-Operators and Company Drivers are welcome
Local & City positions are available in the Memhis, TN and Olive Branch, MS area only.