Monitoring Your DAC Report for Errors

A trucker's Drive-A-Check, or DAC report works similarly to their credit report. It lists your driving record as well as your employment history as a driver. You should request a copy of your DAC report at least once per year and any time you switch jobs to make sure that the information it contains is accurate.

Why It's Important

Your DAC report is used by employers to decide whether or not they should hire you. It is very important that the information it contains is accurate because a single error can keep you from getting hired at thousands of trucking companies across the nation.

Parts of a DAC Report

Your DAC report is broken into two sections. The first section lists everything that is on your motor vehicle report including accidents and violations. Most companies will not hire drivers who have two or more traffic violations that are not serious on their MVR in a three year period. If you have more than one serious violation on your MVR it is very difficult to get a job in the trucking industry.

The second part of your DAC report is your employment history. Your former employers in the trucking industry fill out a form to be included on your DAC report. They include information such as preventable and non-preventable accidents, personnel issues and whether or not they would rehire you. Every previous employer is included, even if you only passed a drug test and attended orientation but never actually worked for the company. All drug and alcohol test results for the past three years are also included. You should leave every job on good terms if at all possible because prospective employers pay close attention to what your previous employers have written about your history. A bad report from a former employer can keep you from getting hired at other companies.

How to Request a Copy

Requesting a copy of your DAC report is simple. The company that you have to request your DAC report from is called HireRight. You can call them at 800-381-0645. They are available by phone Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. CT. You can also request your report online at . There is no charge to receive a single copy of your report every year, but there is a charge if your request more than one copy annually. You will be required to provide information such as your address, social security number and drivers license number. It takes about 14 days for you to receive your DAC report by mail whether you have requested it by phone or online.

Disputing an Error

To dispute information on your DAC report that you believe in inaccurate, you must file a dispute with HireRight. You can hire a company to file the dispute for you if you choose, but there is no charge for filing the dispute yourself. It may take them 30 days to investigate your claim and fix the report if there is an error. You may also file a dispute online at .

If the company that provided the information on your DAC report that you believe is inaccurate stands behind the information they provided, the information will not be removed from your report. You may need to hire an attorney if the company refuses to remove information that is false.

Like this Post?  Click below to like on facebook or post a comment.